BIO-FERMENTATION: BETTER YIELD THROUGH APPLICATION OF THE ‘HOGEN’ TECHNOLOGY
The technology used is aimed at breaking down (hard) cellulose and lignite (the most important components in manure, grasses and wood).
Thanks to a sophisticated mixture of inputs (water, manure and residual flows), Hogen Technology has a higher yield than more traditional digesters. The residue is sold as a fertilizer (bio-fertilizer) for application in agriculture and horticulture.
The process with the ‘Hogen’ technology is as follows:
• Crushing the input to the short fibres with the ‘hydropulper’
• Hydrolysis to break open the cellulose membranes
• The plug-flow reactor with four separate zones with special bacteria that effectively convert the biomass into biogas
• After pressing the residual material, the water returns to the system and the dry matter (completely odourless) can be used as fertiliser
An installation for the processing of 75,000 tons of waste per year at 8,000 production hours results in a converted output of approximately 5 MWh per hour at an average input composition.
In summary, there are four products with a value: green gas, CO2, warmth and BioFertilizer.
Schematically, the process looks like this:
HEAVILY POLLUTED WATER GETS CLEAN WITH THE LEACH BUSTER
The LeachBuster® is an innovative and state-of-the-art technology that can treat a wide range of high solids waste streams (up to 50% solids) in polluted water without the need for pre-filtration or staging. The system can be tuned to its contents to generate clean water streams with a broad spectrum of purity, depending on the use of recycled water. The LeachBuster® system is also capable of removing heavy metals such as arsenic, selenium and the like from drinking water. Up to 99% of the water can be recovered from most wastewater streams for reuse or back into the environment. The results with the LeachBuster® system exceed government mandates for the treatment of high solid/multiple polluting waste streams such as raw wastewater, industrial wastewater, landfill percolate, digestion plants or animal waste. The system does not use chemicals and the concentrated solids can be processed in various environmentally friendly ways.
• Wastewater transformed into reusable water and resources creates a clean environment and offers economic opportunities
• Because the leach-buster can be used decentrally, on-side, it results in considerable cost savings
• Significant cost savings by reusing treated and recycled water
• Recovered materials are collected for reuse elsewhere
• Preserving nature by conserving water and avoiding new pollutants in our natural resources and communities
NO GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS BY USING CO2 CAPTURE TECHNOLOGY
CO2 capture and storage (internationally abbreviated to CCS of carbon capture and storage), also known as carbon capture, is the capture and storage of carbon dioxide gas released during the combustion of (fossil) fuels. By capturing and storing the greenhouse gas CO2 resulting from the combustion of these hydrocarbons in reservoirs, this CO2 does not end up in the atmosphere.
The CO2 captured can be used industrially, such as in the oil industry and beverage manufacturers. Below is a sketch of improved oil extraction with CO2 technology.